[SCUUG Members] SCUUG Conference

Kate Wiant mwiant at txwes.edu
Mon Sep 30 16:27:18 EDT 2013

The Twelfth Annual Meeting of the South Central Unicorn Users Group is scheduled to be held in Fort Worth, Texas at Hurst Public Library on Friday, November 8th.  SirsiDynix will be presenting on Blue Cloud Pac.

Registration:
        Regular Registration $20 (after 10/30 - $25)
        Presenter / Officer Registration Free

Further information about  the conference is available on website: http://www.scuug.us/Conferences/2013_Conference/2013_conf.htm

To make our conference complete, we need your help as a presenter.

If you would be interested in presenting at the Conference or moderate a sharing session or if you would like to suggest a presentation topic, please contact me.

Last year we had the following Sharing Sessions: Circulation, Administration, and Cataloging. Please let us know if you would like to add a Sharing Session such as a panel on Inventory.

Please share this information with others who may be interested.

According to the Bylaws, I need to announce the business meeting at least 30 days in advance.  The business meeting will take place on November 8th at the conference, tentatively scheduled at 9:00a.m.

Topics for discussion at the business meeting may include
*       future plans for the organization including planning the location for the 2013 conference
*       passing last year's minutes
*       election of Vice-President/President Elect and Treasurer
        (please reply to me directly if you would like to be a nominee, or wish to nominate anyone!)
*       other items of business from the floor

Also, if you are interested in hosting the conference next year - or wish the conference would be held someplace, please let me know.
Don't wait to respond as the program will be finalized soon

Thanks to everyone who makes the conference a success!

Kate Wiant
Reference Librarian
SCUUG President
Eunice and James L. West Library