[SCUUG Members] Enterprise: AT&T and SMS

Margaret Peloquin peloquin at austincc.edu
Thu Jun 7 13:01:04 EDT 2018

Dear SCUUG colleagues:

At least two other SirsiDynix Enterprise Admins  in the Austin metro area
report that they have issues with the "Text This to Me" option in
Enterprise using AT&T.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

The message seems to go through but is never received by the person who
used the option.  We are *not* having the same problem with other carriers.

Here is what support sent me:

Thank you for contacting Customer Support. I checked the logs and for the
past three texts from library at austincc.edu to AT&T numbers, the texts were
successfully sent from the Enterprise server and accepted for delivery by
AT&T. Presumably, AT&T is filtering out the texts and not delivering them.
Sometimes this could be due to the from address being different than the
server that sent them.

I have followed all the advice from support and AT&T users still are not
receiving text info from Enterprise. (example: removed library at austincc.edu
as the sender.)

--
Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian, Professor - EVC
Austin Community College