[SCUUG Members] What cash register do you use?

Edward Smith edwards at alc.org
Thu Jul 19 12:39:22 EDT 2018

Hi Gay,

We use the Cash Management functionality in Workflows and a standard cash
drawer connected to the receipt printer.  We also take credit card payments
through SirsiDynix's service that uses ProPay for card processing.

Then we run some custom cash management reports at day's end to get the
drawer balance, etc.

Here is the cash drawer we purchased on Amazon:   http://a.co/0EhjHKv

It's not a true cash register... but we do us it to sell items (like
t-shirts, etc.), pay fines/lost fees, and collect room booking fees, etc.
 We manage to make it work...and the reporting keeps the city accounting
people happy in the details.

Hope that helps!

Eddy

Edward J. Smith